Mental fatigue, body aches and restless nights are common signs that your body could use a reboot. A few changes here and a couple of tweaks there and you should be well on your way to feeling the best you’ve felt in a long time!
There are many things we can do to give our bodies an overhaul when it comes to health. Nutritionist, Bobby Adler of YesWellness suggests the following:
Too much sugar creates havoc with your blood sugar and only adds to fat storage.
Increase healthy fats.
Replace sweeteners with healthy fats like grass-fed butter, ghee, cocoa butter, and coconut oil. These healthy fats reduce cravings while giving you more energy.
Switch to grass-fed meats and wild caught seafood.
These products contain healthier ratios of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. You can also feel good in knowing that you're making the ethical choice of sourcing.
- Reduce your intake of bread and processed foods.
Make the switch to “upgraded coffee.”
I bet you’re wondering what upgraded coffee is?
Let’s start with a little back story. When I first heard a friend talking about it, I laughed it off as “another one of his crazy ideas.” I mean, he was talking (raving actually) about putting peanut butter into his coffee!
You may be wondering what this rambling has to do with "upgraded coffee." Well, wait for it: the secret to energy-bursting brew is:
Coffee. Oil. Butter.
You may have heard wellness professionals warn against sugary or creamy additions to your coffee. When you learn that more and more of these professionals are adding “butter” to their coffee’s it can may have you think twice about the benefits.
These advantages include mental clarity, reducing hunger, and re-balancing yeasts in the gut. We're not even touching the ketone-based energy and weight-loss that can occur if you're on a keto diet.
This upgraded coffee is not only about butter and coffee; it also needs medium chain triglycerides (MCTs). These are abundant in coconut and the other oils we talked about earlier. These compounds work within your cells to give an extra boost, maximizing your body’s mental and physical performance.
Upgraded coffee provides:
- Reliable and quick source of energy from fat, not sugar
- Help burning body fat
- Support for mental performance
- Accessibility to quality fats on-the-go
- Aid in the excretion of toxins
How to make Upgraded Coffee – Official Recipe
- 2 ½ heaping tablespoons ground
- (or your favorite coffee)
- One(1) teaspoon – 2 tablespoons cold-pressed, organic coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons grass-fed, unsalted butter or grass-fed ghee.*
*I prefer adding high protein peanut or almond butter
- Make your coffee. Brew 1 cup (8-12 ounces) of coffee using filtered water with 2 ½ heaping tablespoons of Javazen.
- Use a French Press to brew it for highest quality. This method preserves valuable coffee oils that paper filters keep out.
- Add coconut oil.
- Add grass-fed butter or ghee.
- Blend. Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it looks like a foamy latte.
There are many variations on making this “upgraded coffee,” some enjoy adding a little honey for a light sweetness. As long as you have the basics of the recipe down, you can play with the flavor to your liking. However, try to keep it as natural as possible. Avoid adding sugar or dairy, and be sure to use unsalted butter, or you may run the risk of a salty drink.
Aim to drink this in the morning for a super-charged boost to your day. Upgraded coffee could be the pick-me-up you need when incorporated into a balanced and nutritious diet.
That’s it! You’re on your way to decreasing inflammation, killing nasty sugar cravings, restoring yeast in the gut and skyrocketing your mental and physical performance!